Dear Self,
How do you know if you are doing the right thing? Is there a way that seems right that only leads to death? Absolutely. But you are not following that way. You cannot when your path is bathed in prayer and reflection. Wisdom makes itself known in these choices--these daily choices that make up life. Some are easier than others: be patient in traffic, answer with a kind word, take time to be thankful. Some are not moral decisions: buy the computer, fill up the car with overpriced gas, walk to the grocery store. Then there are the harder questions. Questions I'm not ready to post. Fear of the unknown future holds me back from making any choices. I have not been asked to live in fear or confusion. And I'm looking for a sign that if I make a choice and any hardship comes from it, then that is confirmation that I didn't make the right choice. Like a newly married couple having their first fight and knowing, just knowing, that they made a mistake and this is the confirmation that they married the wrong person.
Life isn't supposed to be this way. Hardship is no confirmation of a wrong decision. How could I ever think that when I've grown up on stories of people making the right, moral choice in the midst of hardship?
Keep going, self. You can trust the peace that follows prayer. I know you want to do great things, but it's the little things that matter. So whatever big choice you make, don't neglect the little ones.
----
post some of your fears/worries/big choices/little choices.

No comments:
Post a Comment