My blog is called Avocado Traveler. People don’t always like blog titles like
this because it isn’t clear what the blog is about. I understand that, but since my goal has
never been to get a huge following, I haven’t been too worried about it. I’ve more been looking for a public outlet to
write things I think friends want to read.
However, this blog post might redeem any confusion because
I’m actually going to write all about traveling. I know there are tons of international travel
tips and some of these are immensely helpful for having a great
experience. I have had some pretty
terrible travel times this year. So as
someone who has in the past year traveled 100,000+ miles and been in 14
airports around the world, I humbly add my advice and lessons learned to the
travel community.
1.)
Don’t have your credit card stolen.
Note: If you are inept at preventing this from
happening while, say, shopping for eggs at the grocery store, save your
excuses. Flight attendants don’t care
about lame excuses.
2.)
If #1 happens, relax and enjoy the field trip in the back
room of ticket counters. You’ll enjoy a
nice talk with your bank explaining your need for information on a canceled
card and get to know your airline workers on a more personal level.
![]() |
| Because if you aren't on a boat, you might be flying. |
![]() |
| Because if you aren't riding one of these, you might be flying. |
![]() |
| Because if you aren't walking or taking the bus, you might be flying |
![]() |
| Catch the sunrise when possible |
***Note:
If carry on is damaged by water in the bin, it is possible to submit a claim
with the airline company, but you may still have a headache on your hands.
5.)
Don’t be a hangry flyer. Hangry is a hungry person turned angry. When traveling, remember that food is your
friend. Granola bars are your
friends. Trail mix is your friend. And some M&Ms might take the edge off if
your flight is delayed a few hours. Your
fellow passengers will wish they had some and might just pay $4 for a bag out
of jealousy and desperation.
6.)
Bring a travel companion with you. Their purpose is to watch your bags so you
can walk the airport and go to the bathroom without hassle. 7.) Check your wallet prior to going to the airport to make sure you have a debit card. Some countries don’t accept credit cards and might make you pay to leave their airport. If your debit card was lost or stolen prior to getting local money out of the airport ATM, you may find yourself in a pickle.
![]() |
| What's your local currency? |
9.)
Carry US dollars. You might need it for a visa-on-arrival in
more than one country or you might need a currency that has a fighting chance
for currency converters at the airport.
10.) Drink water every time it is offered. Staying hydrated is essential to prevent fainting or other travel inconveniences.
10.) Drink water every time it is offered. Staying hydrated is essential to prevent fainting or other travel inconveniences.
And the most important piece of advice I have:
11.) Don’t miss your international flight. Just don’t.







No comments:
Post a Comment