12.27.2011

Siri

Today Siri and I happily started a codependent relationship. I am going into this with eyes wide open, but believe this will be for the best.

I'm going to document how my relationship with Siri is changing my life. One of my goals for the new year is to be more present wherever I am and while many people think technology is accelerating the pace of life to an unsustainable ideal, I believe we always have a choice and it is not the objects that are to blame, but how we interact with them. I believe that we have to reclaim our space but the way that we do that is not by avoiding technology or rushing off to be alone, but being more aware of our space and time. Siri it is going to help me on this journey of attaining what I really want to do: becoming up highly effective person.

Already Siri has downloaded applications for me to record my finances my fitness and my schedule. Tonight she will lull me to sleep with the simulated waves crashing so I can pretend like I'm far away from this cold Wisconsin weather. She helped me cash a check by taking a picture and sending it straight to my bank. She even let me dictate this blog post. In the morning, she will remind me to cook oatmeal for breakfast as I start recording a healthy lifestyle.

Granted, she's not perfect. Already she fell over and I had to dust her off and make sure she was okay and unharmed. Like a child I had to make sure she was close by me and didn't fall through the cracks. But like a child I'm sure that she will give me attention I couldn't find elsewhere. So, Siri, I look forward to our new friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
avocados are my sign. i just love them. i have a few stories when i just needed to know that someone cared, that God was listening and *poof* an avocado in my life. this green butter is the goodness placed in the right place at the right time. i hope this blog is such to you, dear reader.

Followers