12.13.2013

4 Monthiversary. [that's four months]

I arrived in Bangkok 4 months ago!  I can't believe it!  Granted, it's been a crazy series of events, including a trip to Brazil to meet the full Spotlight team and a Thanksgiving in America.  I thought I would recap with a brief photo tour of what four months can look like!

First, I quit my job and took a position with Spotlight English, working through HCJB Global.






Then, I packed my bags, said many goodbyes and took off all by myself to Bangkok, Thailand.  I'd never been here before.
 
I want to make one of these with all the places I've been!   
 
Then I tried my hand at learning Thai and Thai customs.  I love wai'ing to things now and am pretty sure people think I'm Thai when I do it.  (The hair color throws them off though!)  I also saw the need for some help with learning English.


I tried some things I haven't tried before: Thai Coke (tastes the same as everywhere, if you wondered), making cookies in a toaster oven, and fish eating the dead skin off my feet (tickles!!!!!).


 

Went to Brazil!  (first time in South America!) and met the whole Spotlight team.  Also discovered a tree called the Jabuticaba, which is a great word to say.




Saw a bunch of things I've never seen before including:

A life size statue of a fake gold-plated elephant


A Buddhist Mobile, with a Buddha statue and a Buddhist monk that drive around for people to pay homage.


A pig's head just hanging out at the market


These statutes/artwork in the mall



Government protests during my lunch hour


A field trip to a king's "away" home




I've made new friends, laughed a lot, got mail from old friends and taken a lot more selfies!  Can you believe it's been four months?!  Where has the time gone.  Merry Christmas this season.  Can't wait to see what the next year holds. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
avocados are my sign. i just love them. i have a few stories when i just needed to know that someone cared, that God was listening and *poof* an avocado in my life. this green butter is the goodness placed in the right place at the right time. i hope this blog is such to you, dear reader.

Followers